Exercise makes you better in bed for lots of reasons that have nothing to do with how you look when the clothes come off and the lights are just right. The average couple has sex 10 times a month. So check your date night calendar, see where you ‘lie’ relative to average, and maybe, just maybe, you need to up your game in the gym to help you get a boost!
1. If you have sex, you will have improvement in your hormonal surges triggered by sex. Specifically, you will have better testosterone secretion for at least a 30 minute surge right after sex.
2. Adrenal fatigue is not healthy. Repetitive adrenal surges exhaust adrenal reserves. Cortisol is a hormone that puts on the mood breaks in a woman, and sex after exercise triggers lower cortisol than sex without exercising first.
3. When you exercise, you have a depressed prolactin level temporarily. Chronically depressed prolactin which can have sex desire and performance effects similar to the depressant effects of cortisol.
4. Increased sweat, from exercise just gets that physiological sex response ready to be more reactive.
5. Pheromone secretion, come hither smell is a real thing, and exercise can make you smell better to your partner!
6. Oxytocin release, the hormone of love gets up regulated with better exercise regimens.
7. Exercise can help combat the sexual dysfunction due to medications used for depression and anxiety, just 3 times a week as shown to be able to suppresses the sexual side effects of antidepressant medications.
8. Nipples can be more sensitive after exercise, not always good, but it can be! Hope to see you on your mat at Hatha Yoga and Fitness!